Children enjoying storytelling at the Mouse House, Great North Museum
is to help people determine their place in the world and define their identities, so enhancing their self-respect and their respect for others.
for the future is for everyone to have access to museum and archive provision in Tyne and Wear, to use this access and to value it for the significant and positive impact that it makes upon their lives. We will provide real or virtual, worldwide access to our museums and archives and their collections.
is to a World-class service that is innovative, imaginative, creative, totally inclusive, secure and sustainable.
- we make a positive difference to people’s lives
- we inspire and challenge people to explore their world
- we are a powerful learning resource for people of all needs and backgrounds
- we act as an agent of economic regeneration and help build and develop communities and the aspirations of individuals
- we are fully accountable to our stakeholders and users
- we should make our resources accessible to everyone