Jimmy belongs to: Royal British Legion Seaman's Mess
Jimmy was born in Dulwich in London. Jimmy served in both the Royal Navy and merchant navy. He was on the Ashanti when it ran aground at Whitburn in 1940.
Jimmy was interviewed by Kylea Little on 22 November 2005. The interview took place at South Shields Royal British Legion and lasted 43 minutes and 54 seconds.
UK Armed Forces Veteran Lapel Badge
Lapel badge given to men and women who served in military action.
Jimmy has 13 memories in the memorynet:
Jimmy's memories with a Adventure theme:
Jimmy's other memories:
- Wartime experiences in the Royal Navy
- Wartime experiences in the Royal Navy part two
- The uniform in the Royal Navy
- Water rations in the Royal Navy
- The canteen at Scapa Flow
- Sea sickness
- Meeting his wife on Ocean Road, South Shields
- Life in the merchant navy after the Royal Navy
- Distinguished Service Medal
- Gold watch
- UK Armed Forces Veteran Lapel Badge
This memory has these themes: