Mel belongs to: The Coble and Keelboat Society
Mel was born in Tynemouth. From childhood he has always had an interest in boats and the sea. Mel has a coble, which he has restored. He joined The Coble and Keelboat Society through a friend. It is a good way to find out information and make contacts.
Mel was interviewed by Carl Greenwood on 16 February 2006. The interview took place at Ouseburn Heritage Centre and lasted 20 minutes and 27 seconds.
The Joan Dixon
Photograph of the Joan Dixon coble being used to take children on a day trip.
Mel has 15 memories in the memorynet:
Mel's memories with a Adventure theme:
Mel's other memories:
- The history of his coble
- How he got his coble
- Rescuing and restoring the coble
- First voyage after restoration
- The Mouth of the River Festival 2005
- The attraction of the coble
- Growing up in Tynemouth
- The Joan Dixon
- Invoice for the Joan Dixon
- Moving the Joan Dixon
- The Joan Dixon being launched
- The Joan Dixon under sail
- The Bonga