Michael belongs to: The Doxford Engine Friends Association
Michael was born in West Sussex and went to school in London. He came to the North East to study at South Shields Marine College. He is an engineer in the merchant navy.
Michael was interviewed by Carl Greenwood on 26 January 2006. The interview took place at Sunderland Museum and lasted 25 minutes and 9 seconds.
Michael's apprenticeship contract with Doxford's outlining terms and conditions of employment.
Michael has 16 memories in the memorynet:
Michael's memories with a Change theme:
- Changes in the merchant navy
- Leisure time and crew sizes
- Living conditions in the merchant navy
- Decline of the British shipping industry
Michael's other memories:
- Training and apprenticeship
- Following his father to sea
- First voyage and New York
- Communication from sea
- Safety at sea
- Meeting George Gardner in Shanghai
- Joining the Doxford Engine Friends Association
- The Doxford engine at South Shields College
- Students at South Shields College
- Apprenticeship agreement
- Photograph of michael
- Continuous Certificate of Discharge