Neil belongs to: Merchants and Traders
Neil was born in Craster and is the fourth generation of his family in the kipper business. The business has gone through a series of changes in recent times, but Robson's continues to make kippers.
Neil was interviewed by Kylea Little on 7 February 2006. The interview took place at Robson's Kippers, Craster and lasted 13 minutes and 45 seconds.
Staff at Robson's
Staff at Robson's. The company is the major employer in Craster and employed both men and women. Neil is standing second on the right.
Neil has 15 memories in the memorynet:
Neil's memories with a Skills theme:
Neil's other memories:
- Childhood memories of the business
- Changes at Robsonís
- Decline in the herring stocks and changes in the industry
- The future
- Changes in the Craster fishing community
- Robsonís role in the local community
- Kippers being smoked
- Staff at Robson's
- Fish waiting to go to the smokehouse
- The final product
- Robson's Kippers
- The piers at Craster
This memory has these themes: