Ray belongs to: Royal British Legion Seaman's Mess
Ray was born in Moon Street, South Shields. After leaving school Ray went to cookery school before going to sea with the merchant navy in March 1937. He left the sea in 1953.
Ray was interviewed by Carl Greenwood on 30 November 2005. The interview took place at the Interviewee's living room and lasted 39 minutes and 44 seconds.
Certificate of Competency as Ship's Cook
Cookery certificate issued by The Shipping Federation Schools of Nautical Cookery.
Ray has 14 memories in the memorynet:
Ray's memories with a Skills theme:
- Learning to make curry
- Certificate of Competency as Ship's Cook
Ray's other memories:
- Joining the merchant navy
- The ship's cook's routine
- Food in the merchant navy
- Cooking equipment and galley conditions in the merchant navy
- Cookery training
- The Atlantic convoys and Captain Walker
- Ray Lorrison
- Continuous Certificate of Discharge
- Higher Certification of Competency in Nautical Cookery
- Pool card
- Certification of Innoculation Against Cholera