Ray belongs to: Royal British Legion Seaman's Mess
Ray was born in Moon Street, South Shields. After leaving school Ray went to cookery school before going to sea with the merchant navy in March 1937. He left the sea in 1953.
Ray was interviewed by Carl Greenwood on 30 November 2005. The interview took place at the Interviewee's living room and lasted 39 minutes and 44 seconds.
Higher Certification of Competency in Nautical Cookery
This was Ray's second qualification in nautical cookery. It was issued by National Sea Training Schools of Nautical Cookery.
Ray has 14 memories in the memorynet:
Ray's memories with a Roles and Routines theme:
- The ship's cook's routine
- Food in the merchant navy
- Cooking equipment and galley conditions in the merchant navy
- Pool card
Ray's other memories:
- Joining the merchant navy
- Learning to make curry
- Cookery training
- The Atlantic convoys and Captain Walker
- Ray Lorrison
- Continuous Certificate of Discharge
- Certificate of Competency as Ship's Cook
- Higher Certification of Competency in Nautical Cookery
- Certification of Innoculation Against Cholera