Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens
Open Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 2pm - 5pm
The museum is now closed over the festive period, reopening on Monday 6 January 2014 at 10am.
By Public Transport
Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens is situated in Sunderland city centre on Burdon Road, a short walk from both Sunderland Metro and train station and Park Lane Interchange, and on the edge of the beautiful Mowbray Park.
For more information on public transport telephone the NEXUS traveline on 0871 200 2233 or visit the traveline website.
Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens is in the heart of the city just a short walk away from many of the city's car parks. The nearest public car park is Tatham Street (free on Sundays). For more information on parking in Sunderland please click here.
Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens has the following facilities for visitors:
- Level access route available avoiding ramps or steps
- Accessible toilets
- Male and female toilet facilities
- Assistance available if required
- Facilities for deaf people and hard of hearing
- Facilities for people with visual impairment and partially sighted people
- Assistance and Guide dogs admitted
- Baby changing facilities
- Gift shop
Please visit our access information section for more details.