Businesses who partner with Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums make a huge contribution to the cultural and intellectual wealth of the North East.
We are proud custodians of the region’s great past but also seek to shape the North East’s future by providing an innovative world-class service that not only delights but also inspires and changes lives.
Our Business Partnership
Joining other leading businesses in the region and becoming a member of our Business Partnership is one way you can work with us. Members support our work while also receiving a tailored package of benefits to suit their interests and needs.
Fees start from £750 p.a. (Gold, Silver and Bronze membership available).
For all of our business partners:
- ‘Big Sundays’: special family afternoons at venues such as the Laing Art Gallery, Discovery Museum, and the Great North Museum: Hancock.
- VIP access for you and your clients at major previews and events
- Recognition of your company’s support in our venues, press releases, web pages and publications
Then create your own distinctive membership package from the following:
- Generous venue hire discounts for corporate hospitality meetings or events
- Distinctive employee volunteering challenges
- Get closer to our collections with fascinating behind the scenes tours*
- Treat your employees to a special discount in our shops
- Meet the experts… private exhibition and gallery tours led by our curators*
- Common History… a ‘Best of the North East’ induction for employees at Discovery Museum*
- Up to 50% discount on hiring artworks from galleries for your office
- Unique corporate hospitality experiences and offers in our venues
- Promotional and advertising opportunities in our venues and publications
*Talk to us about donating these benefits to your community partners or ours.
(Above: IKEA Gateshead supported events at the Shipley Art Gallery; and Business Partners' employees undertook a Team Challenge at Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens)
Make a real difference
Uniquely, the fees from Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’ Business Partnership are pooled into a special Business Partnership Fund. The money goes directly to deserving projects across our service so we can tell you exactly how your support has made a difference at our annual review event and in our special Business Partnership annual report. Your membership helps to support museums and galleries in the North East.
What our Business Partners say about us
"The success of our business is inextricably linked to the success of this city and region. The opportunity to support Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’ exhibitions and events, which showcase the extraordinary diversity that the North East has to offer, enables us to promote the region and our business in a more dynamic and engaging way."
Michelle Percy, Director, Silverlink Holdings Ltd.
"Northumbrian Water places excellent customer service at the heart of the business. We believe that achieving and sustaining high levels of employee engagement is key to excellent customer service.
"We’re continually striving to grow the sense of engagement with our vision and values, encouraging people to translate them into how they do their job everyday. Long term partners, like Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, help our employees to participate in high quality, valuable and fun volunteering opportunities."
Louise Hunter, Director of Corporate Affairs, Northumbrian Water