Freelance opportunity - Digital Communications support
Communications Support for Family Explorers North East
To start as soon as possible and continue until March 2024
Total budget: £5,000
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in engaging families through Family Explorers North East, the flagship project of the North East Family Arts Network. The Family Explorers network is a long-running audience development initiative aiming to increase the cultural confidence of families by building their awareness of and motivation to attend events and activities across a broad range of cultural forms. Stimulating conversations between families and gaining feedback from them is a key feature. This role will be focused on activity in the North East of England and the contract will be with Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums but will be carried out remotely.
We are looking for a communications professional who can liaise with the project manager to manage the Family Explorers North East Facebook Group and e-newsletter including:
- Devising and delivering a strategy to help keep the group engaged, drawing out feedback from families, stimulating conversations and creating opportunities to grow the group.
- Posting about member cultural organisations as outlined in the editorial plan and in keeping with the project’s ethos and tone of voice.
- Acting as co-admin for the group including vetting requests to join and monitoring new group posts to ensure they are within the rules.
- Contacting member organisations if necessary to find out answers to questions posted on the group or advise them of any key conversations about their offer.
- Assisting with the e-newsletter on occasion, including requesting content from organisations ensuring criteria and deadlines are met, drafting it in Mailchimp, adding additional text and editing to ensure accuracy and a consistent, engaging tone of voice.
Process for registering an expression of interest
To register an expression of interest, please email no more than 2 sides of A4 (12pt type) setting out the basis of your interest, your qualifications for the role and an overview of your skills and experience, ensuring you address how your skills would enable you to fulfil the requirements of the role. Please indicate your daily fee and the numbers of days you intend to work over the contract and when you would be available to start. Please note to be awarded this contract you will need Public Liability Insurance cover of £5million and you will need to provide a copy of the current valid certificate.
- Skills and experience with reference to the specifications of the role
- Acceptability of pricing proposal
Expressions of Interest should be emailed by Friday 19 May to steering group chair:
You are welcome to contact Sheryl McGregor or Project Manager Sallyanne Flemons (email@example.com) if you need more information ahead of your application.