Seeking Trustees for our Board
We are looking for three new trustees to support TWAMDT on its journey forward.
All Trustees are expected to demonstrate:
- A love of art, culture and heritage and a commitment to TWAM’s strategic plan
- An understanding of the importance to TWAM & TWAMDT of fundraising and a commitment, as a trustee of TWAMDT, to work with the Development Department to contribute to the delivery of the trust’s fundraising ambitions.
- Excellent judgement, ability to contribute to Board discussions, communication skills and commitment to represent and advocate for TWAMDT.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other trustees and key members of TWAM staff.
- That they share TWAM’s commitment to diversity and equality
We actively want to ensure that our Board is as diverse as possible and representative of the population of the North East and would welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee of the Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested and why you think you would be a valuable trustee. Please email your CV, covering letter and equality monitoring form to HRRecruitment@twmuseums.org.uk
If you wish to discuss this opportunity beforehand please do get in touch, we would love to hear from you and you can contact:
Iain Watson, Director, TWAM
T: 0191 277 2276
Peter Judge, Chair, TWAM Development Trust
Sophia Stovall, Development Department TWAM
T: 0191 277 2261
Further information is available at https://www.twmuseums.org.uk/news/join-our-trust
Remuneration: This role is not remunerated but reasonable expenses for travel will be paid.
TWAM Development Trust
(Image: The Mouse House at the Great North Museum is an under fives' area, funded by the Development Trust)
The Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust (The Trust) was established on 1 December 2010 and is registered as a company limited by guarantee number 7334262 and is registered with the Charity Commission under charity number 1137867.
The Current Directors/Trustees are:
- Peter Judge (Chair)
- James Garbutt (Vice Chair)
- Cllr Kim McGuiness
- Andrew Miller
- Ammar Mirza
- Christine Holland
- Charlotte Windebank
The objectives of the Trust are:
- to advance the education of the public (particularly, but not limited to those within, the metropolitan county of Tyne & Wear) by encouraging them to participate in and contribute to the activities of an archive and museum service managed by Tyne & Wear Archives and Museums (TWAM) and to value it for the positive impact that it makes upon their lives;
- to advance art, culture, heritage and science by supporting TWAM to establish and maintain a world class archive and museum service that is accessible and enlightening;
- to contribute to the advancement of civic responsibility and good citizenship by supporting TWAM to help to equip people with the capacity to understand and operate successfully in society; and
- such other charitable purpose beneficial to the community consistent with the Objects above as the trustees shall in their absolute discretion determine.
The Trust carries out its objectives by raising funds from individual donors, trust and foundations to support a wide variety of museum activities including:
- Exhibitions and displays
- Capital improvements
- Acquiring objects for the collection
- Conservation and restoration work
- Learning programmes
- Outreach projects with all sections of the community
By supporting activities like these, the Trust is able to help Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums achieve its strategic vision of ensuring everyone has access to museum provision, are able to use this access and to value it for the significant and positive impact that it makes upon their lives.
Minutes and papers
Minutes and papers from Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust meetings are available below. Copies of minutes and papers from October 2010 to March 2015 are available by contacting the Corporate Governance team on email@example.com.
Papers from April 2016 onwards
Agenda, Meeting Minutes and Papers - June 2018
Agenda, Meeting Minutes and Papers - October 2018
Agenda, Meeting Minutes and Papers - December 2018
Annual Report and Accounts
The following links will take you to the unaudited accounted for 2012/13 to 2017/18. Copies of annual report and accounts from 2010 to 2012 are available by contacting the Corporate Governance team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Up until 30 November 2010, the Tyne and Wear Museums Development Trust, Charity Commission number 1055974 was constituted to:
Promote the education of the public and business community in the appreciation of the arts and science, by encouraging and guiding them to participate in and contribute to the activities of the museums and galleries situated within the five metropolitan districts of Tyne and Wear and administered by TWAM and to support and assist the museums and galleries situated within the five metropolitan districts of Tyne and Wear and administered by TWAM.
Copies of further Annual Reports and Accounts can be obtained by contacting the Corporate Governance team on email@example.com.
The TWAM Development Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator. This means we agree to ensure our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.
If you have a complaint about our fundraising activity, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator at the below address: www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/make-a-complaint/complain-about-afundraising-approach
TWAM Development Trust's privacy notice can be found here.
The notice provides information about what personal information we collect from you, how and why it is collected, when and with whom it might be shared, and how long it will be kept. It also provides information on your rights to decide how it might be used, how you can access it, require it to be deleted and corrected and your rights to complain.