Inspiring activities and experiences for people aged 55+
The Platinum Programme
What is The Platinum Programme?
The Platinum Programme is Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’ culture and heritage programme of inspiring activities and experiences for people aged over 55.
The programme welcomes people aged over 55 whether they are active and independent, need a little support, live with mental/physical frailty or anywhere in between.
What do you do?
Many of the sessions will include a mix of the following:
- Meeting curators and museum staff
- Visiting exhibitions
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Object handling workshops
- Inspiring conversations (usually over tea and cake)
How can I get involved?
The programme covers a variety of ‘strands’ such as:
- Volunteering opportunities
- Culture and Cake sessions in museum venues
- Slow Museums
- Adult learning classes
- International Older People’s Day
- Training for carers and professionals who work with older people on how to use museums and galleries
- Boxes of Delight – museum handling objects subscription service for care homes
- Inspiring object displays in care homes
Where can I find more information?
Look out for details on this website and our partner websites. Leaflets and posters are used to promote activities across the 9 TWAM venues and in partner venues. Call us and speak to the programme lead or send an email.
Platinum Programme lead - Joanne Charlton
Phone: (0191) 277 2297
Read Joanne's blogs here