The Platinum programme
Inspiring activities and experiences for people aged 55+
The Platinum Programme is our culture and heritage programme of inspiring activities and experiences for people aged over 55.
The programme welcomes people aged over 55 whether they are active and independent, need a little support, live with mental/physical frailty or anywhere in between.
What do you do?
Many of the sessions will include a mix of the following:
- Meeting curators and museum staff
- Visiting exhibitions
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Object handling workshops
- Inspiring conversations (usually over tea and cake)
How can I get involved?
The programme covers a variety of ‘strands’ such as:
- Volunteering opportunities
- Culture and Cake sessions in museum venues
- Slow Museums
- Adult learning classes
- International Older People’s Day
- Training for carers and professionals who work with older people on how to use museums and galleries
- Boxes of Delight – museum handling objects subscription service for care homes
- Inspiring object displays in care homes
Who do I contact?
Read Joanne's blogs here