For people living with mental ill health, in recovery and for everyone’s general wellbeing.
The Wellbeing Programme
What is The Wellbeing Programme?
The Wellbeing Programme is TWAM’s culture and heritage programme for people living with mental ill health, in recovery, as well as for everyone’s general wellbeing.
What do you do?
Many of the sessions will include a mix of the following:
- Meeting curators and museum staff
- Visiting exhibitions
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Object handling workshops
How can I get involved?
The programme covers a variety of ‘strands’ such as:
- Supported volunteering opportunities
- Adult learning classes
- Training for carers and professionals who work with older people on how to use museums and galleries
- Boxes of Delight – museum handling objects subscription service for community groups
Where can I find more information?
Look out for details on this website and our partner websites. Leaflets and posters are used to promote activities across the 9 TWAM venues and in partner venues. Call us and speak to the programme lead or send an email.
Wellbeing Programme lead - Suzanne Prak-Sandilands
Phone: (0191) 277 2331
Laing Art Gallery
Great North Museum: Hancock
Shipley Art Gallery
Segedunum Roman Fort
Arbeia South Shields Roman Fort
Stephenson Railway Museum
South Shields Museum & Art Gallery