TWAM Development Trust
(Image: The Mouse House at the Great North Museum is an under fives' area, funded by the Development Trust)
The Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums Development Trust (The Trust) was established on 1 December 2010 and is registered as a company limited by guarantee number 7334262 and is registered with the Charity Commission under charity number 1137867.
The Current Directors/Trustees are:
- Peter Judge (Chair)
- James Garbutt (Vice Chair)
- Ron Ashtiani
- Helen Cadzow
- Christine Holland
- Anna McCready
- Andrew Miller
- Ammar Mirza
- Lauren Regan
- Charlotte Windebank
The objectives of the Trust are:
- to advance the education of the public (particularly, but not limited to those within, the metropolitan county of Tyne & Wear) by encouraging them to participate in and contribute to the activities of an archive and museum service managed by Tyne & Wear Archives and Museums (TWAM) and to value it for the positive impact that it makes upon their lives;
- to advance art, culture, heritage and science by supporting TWAM to establish and maintain a world class archive and museum service that is accessible and enlightening;
- to contribute to the advancement of civic responsibility and good citizenship by supporting TWAM to help to equip people with the capacity to understand and operate successfully in society; and
- such other charitable purpose beneficial to the community consistent with the Objects above as the trustees shall in their absolute discretion determine.
The Trust carries out its objectives by raising funds from individual donors, trust and foundations to support a wide variety of museum activities including:
- Exhibitions and displays
- Capital improvements
- Acquiring objects for the collection
- Conservation and restoration work
- Learning programmes
- Outreach projects with all sections of the community
By supporting activities like these, the Trust is able to help Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums achieve its strategic vision of ensuring everyone has access to museum provision, are able to use this access and to value it for the significant and positive impact that it makes upon their lives.
Annual Report and Accounts
Annual Report and Accounts
The following links will take you to the unaudited accounts for 2012/13 to 2017/18.
Copies of further Annual Reports and Accounts can be obtained by contacting the Corporate Governance team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The TWAM Development Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator. This means we agree to ensure our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.
If you have a complaint about our fundraising activity, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator at the below address: www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/make-a-complaint/complain-about-afundraising-approach
TWAM Development Trust's privacy notice can be found here.
The notice provides information about what personal information we collect from you, how and why it is collected, when and with whom it might be shared, and how long it will be kept. It also provides information on your rights to decide how it might be used, how you can access it, require it to be deleted and corrected and your rights to complain.