We welcome film, television and photography companies who want to use our buildings and environments as a location
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: (0191) 277 2152.
- Discovery Museum
- Laing Art Gallery
- Great North Museum: Hancock
- Shipley Art Gallery
- Arbeia South Shields Roman Fort
- Segedunum Roman Fort
- South Shields Museum and Art Gallery
- Tyne & Wear Archives
- Stephenson Railway Museum
- Hatton Gallery
What's been filmed at our venues in the past?
- Music video for band 'Crooked Hands' - Stephenson Railway Museum
- Channel 4's Rome Wasn't Built in a Day - Arbeia Roman Fort
- National Geographic's Explorer - Segedunum Roman Fort
- BBC 2's History Cold Case - Great North Museum: Hancock
- ITV's Vera - Discovery Museum and Segedunum Roman Fort
- BBC 3's Don't Tell the Bride - Discovery Museum
- BBC1's Flog It! - Discovery Museum
- BBC 1's Who Do You Think You Are? - Tyne & Wear Archives
- BBC 1's Inspector George Gently - Discovery Museum
- CITV's BBC bitesize - Great North Museum: Hancock
- CBeebies My First - Great North Museum: Hancock
Are there any restrictions?
We do require a copy of your public liability insurance certificate (to the value of £5 million) for our records.
Please read our Health & Safety for Filming document as we do have some limitations that may be relevant to your filming.
North East Screen is the North East’s creative Industries Development agency, supporting Media businesses with Television and filming production within the region.