The Wellbeing programme
"When I have things to get up for, it makes my depression feel better." Wellbeing programme participant
The Wellbeing Programme focuses on improving mental health and was created in response to public health data that states that the North East has higher levels of mental health problems compared to the rest of England*. We work with people, in lots of different spaces and with a variety of needs, from those in clinical settings, to connecting with people through community support services or providing activities for visitors to our museums and galleries.
We work alongside Health and Care professionals to design and deliver projects and creative activities to support better outcomes for people with ill mental health.
We can also deliver professional development opportunities so mental health staff can use museum collections and creativity within their own practice.
We believe in strategic partnerships and work with health and care professionals, local authorities, universities, charities and support services including:
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Mental Health Trust
- Northumbria Health Care Trust
- Mental Health Concern
- North Tyneside Art Studio
- Search Older Peoples Project
- Working with museum staff to develop museum object displays in community settings
- Museum object handling activities
- Bespoke creative sessions and projects
- Co-produced community exhibitions
- Digital sessions
- Museum and gallery experiences - tours of exhibitions or behind the scenes
- Supported volunteering opportunities
- Creative resources to support mental health professionals working with their clients
Find out more:
To find out more about the Wellbeing programme contact: email@example.com