Must-see Museums Prize Draw
We have another great prize draw for our loyal Must-see Museums members.
This time, you could win a luxury overnight stay at Lumley Castle Hotel.* To enter, you need to do two things:
- Make sure you’re a Must-see Museums member. Sign up free via www.mustseemuseums.org.uk
- Then, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lumley Castle prize draw” by 12 noon on Friday 4 December 2020. We’ll draw a winner the same afternoon!
*Terms and conditions apply.
Full terms and conditions
- “The Promoter” of this prize draw is Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, Blandford Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4JA.
- “Must-see Museums” is the free membership scheme of Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years and over except employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw, including Lumley Castle Hotel Ltd.
- The prize draw is free to enter but internet access and an email account are required.
- To enter into the prize draw:
- Strictly only one entry per person is permitted and multiple entries and/or anyone found to use multiple accounts and/or fake accounts to enter will be disqualified. Non-members of Must-see Museums are not eligible to win the prize draw.
- The opening date for entries is 9am on Friday 1 January 2021. The closing date of the prize draw is 12 noon on Friday 15 January 2021. Entries received outside of this timeframe will not be valid.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- One (1) winner will be randomly selected by a computer process at 2pm on Friday 15 January 2021 (the “Draw Date”).
- The winner will receive the prize of: A stay of one (1) night at Lumley Castle Hotel for two (2) guests including a Castle superior room, dinner and breakfast. The prize value is £246 and supplements may apply seasonally and on weekends. Prize may not be redeemed on 12, 13, 14 February 2021.
- The winner will be notified on the Draw Date via email. If the winner does not accept the prize before midnight on Wednesday 20 January 2021 then the prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be arranged with the winner via email.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-negotiable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize must be redeemed no later than Friday 31 December 2021. After this date, the prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter and Lumley Castle Hotel Ltd. reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of this prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter and Lumley Castle Hotel Ltd. reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Personal data provided by you in entering this prize draw will be processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering this prize draw. Entry to this prize draw will be deemed as your consent to this processing. If you do not wish your personal data to be processed in this way, please do not enter this prize draw.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this prize draw may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize. If you do not wish your personal data to be processed in this way, please do not enter this prize draw.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and entrants hereby acknowledge and agree that these entities have no liability whatsoever in respect of these terms and conditions nor the prize draw to which they relate.
- The prize draw shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the jurisdiction.
About Must-see Museums
What is must-see museums?
Must-see museums is a free membership scheme providing information and offers about visits to Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums’ nine museums and galleries. It is an 'opt in' membership which means we won't add your details to must-see museums unless you confirm you would like us to do so and that you agree to the terms of this privacy notice which explains what we do with your information.
Who's behind must-see?
Must-see museums involves the nine venues managed by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums (TWAM):
- Arbeia, South Shields Roman Fort
- Discovery Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Great North Museum: Hancock, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Hatton Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Laing Art Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Segedunum Roman Fort, Wallsend
- Shipley Art Gallery, Gateshead
- South Shields Museum & Art Gallery, South Shields
- Stephenson Steam Railway, North Shields
How is your personal information used?
When you join must-see museums you consent to your name and contact details being stored on our database, along with information you give us about your interest in any of our museums and galleries, the programmes they provide and your preferences and attitudes.
The personal information you supply and questions you answer when you sign up to must-see museums help us to understand your interest in cultural experiences. We use an audience segmentation model called 'Culture Segments' - learn more about Culture Segments. When you sign up to our membership scheme you will be assigned a Culture Segment based on the answers you provide on the registration form. This helps us to provide you with information, special content and offers for events and programmes at our nine museums and galleries that we think best match your interests.
What will we contact you about?
We will communicate with you via our websites and email to:
- inform you about exhibitions and events taking place at our venues and provide you with offers and incentives;
- personalise your experience of our museums and galleries (tell you about programme and product offerings that are most relevant to your interests including our exhibitions and events, community programmes, cafes, shops and opportunities to hire our venues);
- tell you about volunteering opportunities at our venues;
- tell you about fundraising initiatives for our venues;
- respond to requests or enquiries made by you;
- invite your feedback;
- verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our websites;
- update your personal information;
- if you opt to receive information about our shops, fundraising activity, volunteering and other services such as venue hire we will also send you information about those services.
We may from time-to-time ask you for further information in order to keep your personal details up-to-date and for particular purposes. We will always tell you how we will use any further information received from you. Periodically, we will need to send you our website and service announcement updates.
How to unsubscribe
If you decide you don't want to be part of must-see museums at any time or you would like to revise the information provided to us you can update this by completing the form on the member area of the website or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You will always be given the option to unsubscribe from must-see museums when you receive information from us. We will also contact you every 3 years to ask you to renew your consent so we can be sure you still want to receive information from us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) states that personal data can only be processed if there is a legal ground to do so. The GDPR provides six legal grounds under which personal information can be processed lawfully and stipulates that an organisation’s privacy notice must include reference to this.
The legal grounds that is relevant to TWAM’s use of your personal information for the must-see museums membership scheme is:
Consent: the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes.
How we protect your information
We take every precaution to protect your information. To this end we maintain strict physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect user's personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access. All personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
Only employees and approved contractors of Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums who need the information to perform a specific task, are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Who is my information shared with?
Your information will only be used by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without asking your permission.
Newcastle Gateshead Cultural Venues (NGCV)
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums is part of a partnership with 10 leading cultural venues in Newcastle and Gateshead including: BALTIC, Centre for Life, Dance City, Live Theatre, Northern Stage, Sage Gateshead, Seven Stories, Theatre Royal, Tyneside Cinema and Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums.
We will not share your personal data with the other partners in Newcastle Gateshead Cultural Venues, however we would like to tell you about the initiatives we are working together on from time to time.
Newcastle Gateshead Cultural Venues (NGCV) work together on a number of different projects including:
Family Explorers – a facebook group and email list that provides information and recommendations about family events in the North East.
City of Dreams - a 10-year mission, aiming to improve the life chances of all children and young people in Newcastle and Gateshead through co-ordinating learning programmes and resources; developing new activities that addresses social challenges faced by younger people; promoting agency of children and young people in society.
Users Under 18
If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before confirming you wish your information to be included in must-see museums.
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums is not an incorporated body. It is supported by the five local authorities of the area (Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside and Sunderland) and Newcastle University.
Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums operates under Newcastle City Council’s data protection policy. Newcastle City Council is registered under the General Data Protection Act with the Information Commissioner's Office which regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK.
Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us and we will always strive to resolve any problems and complaints you have. You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at the following address: Corporate Governance, Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, Blandford Square, Discovery Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4JA.
You have the right to obtain from us an electronic or paper copy of all personal information concerning yourself by emailing: email@example.com